Can you believe that it’s December already? Here’s a quick update on our November:
- The weather was warm. We had a few mornings of frost, but no snow other than a tiny flurry one Sunday morning that only lasted a few minutes.
- College acceptance letters started arriving in the mail for our firstborn. Based on all the catalogs and brochures she receives in the mail on a daily basis, colleges and universities are keeping the USPS in business.
- Our church choir had several extra practices in preparation for the Christmas cantata. I’m really excited about this year’s program because every song is filled with the name of Jesus!
- Hunting season began. Case was able to get an 8 point buck with a crossbow and another 8 point with a rifle, so he was pretty excited.
- Hope and Bryn both made the middle school’s basketball team.
- The children and teens in our Wednesday night youth program enjoyed a delicious pre-Thanksgiving meal put on by the ladies who work with them. We have some very faithful workers in our church family who go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Hope celebrated her 14th birthday.
- My mom flew up and spent ten days with us. This was the highlight of the month for me, and it made Thanksgiving extra special for our family.