I am so ready for a brand new year! I’ve made a list of things that I’m going to try to do in 2014. I’m not going to share my whole list with you, but here are seven of my goals:
1. Spend more time in the Bible. I do my best to read God’s word every day, but I don’t always take the time to meditate on it and apply it to my life. I’m going to dig a little deeper this year.
2. Get rid of a lot of our stuff. We have too many things that we don’t need or use. I’ve got a huge project planned to declutter our home, and I’ll be doing a series of posts to track my progress.
3. Make more memories. Our family spends a lot of time together, but I have to admit that I’m not that creative when it comes to planning memorable moments. The kids are growing up quickly, and we only have a few years left with them at home. I’ve already started compiling a list of memory-making things for us to do together this year.
4. Encourage my family to eat quality food. I’ve gradually been getting away from eating processed foods myself, but it’s a bit more challenging to get the kids to make healthy choices. We’ve already made some improvements with what they take to school for lunch each day, but I’m hoping to see them make better choices during those times when they are choosing their own food.
5. Step outside of my comfort zone. I always get nervous when I have to speak or sing in public or deal with a person about a difficult situation, so sometimes I shrink back from doing things that I really need to do. The Lord has been dealing with me in this area of my life, and I know that He will give me the confidence and peace I need.
6. Blog more. I’ve gotten really lazy with my posts over the last few years and have neglected to document chunks of our family’s life. I’ve got a plan for this, too.
7. Take more photos–and actually get some of them developed. I take pictures and then keep them stored digitally. I think I will really enjoy getting more developed and holding the actual photos in my hand or framing them.
These are just a few things that I’m going to be working on in 2014. What goals do you have for the coming year?
Great goals! Many of them are comparable to mine. Chuck and I are going to do a daily devotional together. I am going to slow down and live more in the moment. We have already started to declutter and plan to keep the momentum going with that task. Budget planning and sticking to it (ok… me sticking to it!) along with trying to grow the savings account are also on the list. Our faith grew tremendously in 2013 and I am looking forward to where God leads us in 2014!
these are good goals. I was gong to share some of mine on my blog as well but one I am most looking forward to doing more in the coming calendar year, besides making memories with the family and getting the photos OFF the computer into books/frames, is really practicing the presence of God in my every day life. Which means, the shorter goal of not going onto Facebook as often as I have this past year. sigh….it can be such a time waster and now God has actually convicted me of that waste. I’m not saying it is a sin…..but for me, I need to be on there much less often. Happy New Year, Mrs C…i look forward to your posts!!
Happy New Year to you! We are trying to declutter this week, and get back to basics in our home. We have our oldest and husband living with us for now, and their twins will be here soon, so we need any space we can find! LOL! As for your number one on the list, I am trying to “dig deeper” myself this year. I barely made it through December reading one chapter daily of my Bible, for Pete’s sake. Anyway, back to putting away Christmas décor! Looking forward to your posts for 2014!
Valerie Basham says
I am the same way about the comfort zone thing. I have just recently started developing and framing photos and it’s really great. I have a lot more to do! I look forward to reading more of your blog posts! 🙂 Happy New Year!
Valerie Basham says
I am the same way about the comfort zone thing. I have recently started developing and framing photos, and I’m glad I did. I have many more to do! I look forward to reading more of your blog posts!
I’m trying to catch up a bit. Your goals are great! So like mine but right now my goal is to care for my dear mother and be sure she is safe and well again. I’ve had to set some of my goals aside for awhile to accomplish what she needs – but I’m right where I want to be. Doing exactly what God wants me to do! This week I have some caregivers coming in to help so I will have some free time. I hope to put together some small projects to work on at her home. I’ll have to tweak my goals list as the year moves on.