I’m linking up with Susanne to share a few of the bright spots from the past week. Feel free to join in!
1. We went to a family reunion last weekend for my day’s side of the family. My aunt welcomed about fifty family members into her home. All of my cousins, some I hadn’t seen in twenty-five years, were present, along with their grown children. I got to hang out with my sisters and one of my brothers. My dad and his wife were able to come, too. We had a fabulous time catching up with family.
2. Steven took me out to eat one night this week, and we shared a yummy brownie sundae for dessert. I just about made myself sick.
3. I didn’t do one bit of labor on Labor Day. I spent the entire day reading and was able to finish three books. It’s amazing how time flies by when I’m reading.
4. After a few months of laziness, I’ve finally started back walking two miles a day. Most days I walk very early in the morning before it gets too hot outside. It’s too dark to see pretty flowers in the early hours, but I spotted these when I took the dog for a walk one evening.
5. Someone at church gave us a Parcheesi game. I hadn’t played in years, and it was completely new to the kids. Hope and Bryn played with me last night after they finished their homework. Guess who won? Me! Bryn came in a close second. Playing a board game together was a great way to end the day.
Joyful Reader says
O how fun! I haven’t played Parcheesi in years either!
I love family reunions, lazy labor days, and sharing a dessert!
Barbara H. says
The family reunion sounds great! So good when so many can get together.
It’s nice to get a reading day every once in a while.
I’ve just started walking a few weeks ago. I don’t think I am up to a mile yet, but I am averaging about 30 minutes each time. I go early, too, before it gets too hot. Listening to an audiobook helps pass the time.
I’ve never payed Parcheesi – one of those games I’ve always heard of but know nothing about and should investigate some time. But I love playing board games with the kids.
Love family game night! And that brownie sundae looks heavenly! Oh, walking…I wish I could get my hubby to walk with me. Have a great week ahead, Paula!
Oh we used to play Parchesi all the time for our winter family game nights!! Now it tends to be just my youngest and I playing it from time to time. WOW..that sundae is HUGE!! and looks absolutely delicious! I miss my morning walks now that I am back to work….I do them in the evenings for now after dinner but in another month it will be too dark so will have to get my 2 miles in as soon as I come home and change. But walking is such great exercise!
I wrote about a family reunion too! Enjoy your weekend
I’m back into exercise this month too – a little hard to get into it but I’m glad to be at it again.
I haven’t played parchesi since I was a kid! I’ll have to pick one up at Value Village
My dh and i shared a brownie dessert Fri evening – not as big as that one though 🙂
What 3 books did you read?
Have a great week!
I loved playing games with the kids! Your family reunion sounds like lots of fun.