Hello, Friends! I hope that you had a wonderful week. I’m linking up with Susanne today to share some of the good moments I’ve been blessed with recently.
1. Surprises. Steven recently celebrated a birthday, and our church family threw him a surprise party complete with gifts, cards, and a cake. They kept it so quiet, the kids and I didn’t even know about it ahead of time.
2. Smiles. One of the most frustrating parts of our move has been getting our Curly Girl established with a new orthodontist. Even though she’s had her braces on for almost two years, some orthodontists we consulted with were still wanting to charge their full price to treat her. I just couldn’t handle that, and we finally found an orthodontist willing to charge a more reasonable fee, considering Hope will be getting her baces off in seven or eight months. The orthodontist put a “chain” on Hope’s top brackets, and she was thrilled to get to pick a color. She chose blue. She was so excited to finally get some color added to her smile.
3. Downtime. I spent some time relaxing in the backyard yesterday afternoon. We’ve had delightful weather this week, and I decided to get outside and enjoy it. I plopped down in a lawn chair and closed my eyes. No books. No music. Just the rustle of leaves in the trees and the songs of the birds to fill my ears and mind. Delightful!
4. Autumn decor. One of the things on my to-do list this week was to get the house decorated for autumn. I found the boxes where most of the items were stored, but I couldn’t locate the outdoor flags. It was driving me crazy! After quite a bit of searching, I finally found them in a wreath storage bag. Now the front walkway doesn’t look bare.
5. Country roads. One of my favorite things about West Virginia is its natural beauty. No matter what road we travel, the view is amazing. Yesterday as Steven and I were out making some visits, I got so excited to see hints of red and gold appearing on the trees. I can only imagine the riot colors that will be appearing over the next few weeks.
The birthday party must have been a nice surprise for all of you ! We are lucky in Belgium until 18 years braces are paid by the health insurance, we don’t have to pay anything.
I am not ready for autumn at all ! I hate that season !
Down time is such a blessing- glad you got to enjoy some!
Fall is my favorite season and this is our first year living where there are actually 4 distinct seasons so each little glimpse of changing leaves makes us giddy. Glad you are enjoying the bursts of color emerging on the country roads! 🙂
I love the fall colors busting out all over! So beautiful! We had lovely weather too. And I love just sitting listening to nature around me.
I loved everything about this post, especially your “downtime” shot!
And I’m anticipating some gorgeous autumn shots from the mountains. 🙂
I’m sure anticipating taking those shots, Alesha! 🙂
I don’t really see fall colors here in SoCal, so I will enjoy your photos of the backroads of WVa. I hope you share more of them through the fall season.
Happy Birthday to your hubby–that was sweet of the people at church to surprise him.
Down time is a must in my part of the world! Good for you! Happy Birthday to your sweetie!