It’s been a few weeks since I’ve linked up with my favorites. I had hoped to spend the last few days getting settled back in at home after our trip, but instead I ended up with a packed schedule, including a funeral service and a last-minute overnight trip. Here are five of my faves from this week:
1. It was so good to attend our home church on Sunday morning. On Sunday evening, I went with Steven to a church in the Orlando area where he was preaching both services for another pastor while he was on vacation. The church folks there were very welcoming, and the girls made some new friends.
2. Steven was invited to preach the mid-week service at a church in South Florida, and I was thrilled to be able to go with him and enjoy some much-needed time together while our moms took care of the kids. The pastor there took such good care of us, and we were blessed to be able to stay in an apartment on the church property. The church folks have done a beautiful job fixing it up, and we were able to relax much better there than we would have at a hotel.
3. On our drive back home, we took a detour to Sarasota for breakfast at Yoder’s Restaurant. It’s one of our favorite places to eat. I ordered the stuffed peach French toast. Oh. My. Goodness!! It was the best French toast I’ve ever had. Not low calorie, for sure, but I enjoyed every single bite.
4. I came across this lovely scripture art in someone’s home, but the owner didn’t know where it had been purchased. It’s the first time I’ve ever found all of Psalm 119 displayed in the KJV. I looked on the back of the frame to see if I could figure out where it was purchased, but there were no markings. I am going to keep searching online. Maybe I can find something similar.
5. A few of our church folks had surgery or sudden trips to the hospital this week, and all of them are doing well right now. I have been blessed to be on the receiving end of prayer so many times in my life, and I am thankful for the privilege we have to pray for one another.
You can link up and share your favorites over at Susanne’s. Have a great weekend!