1. My firstborn is home again! Shay arrived home on Sunday afternoon after spending 3 1/2 weeks in Florida. She had a good return flight and is now a pro at packing her bags and avoiding a TSA agent confiscating her full-size beauty products. She learned that lesson the hard way on her first flight. This picture of her and her lovely grandmas was taken at the airport in Florida when they dropped her off.
I’m linking up with Susanne to share some of my favorite moments from this week. This is a good exercise for me when I need to slow down and reflect on the good things in my life. Feel free to join in and share your good things, too.
2. The teens from our church spent this week at camp. I was there for the first couple of days, and I was so impressed with how well our teen leader organized the sessions and activities. There was a great spirit among the teens, and I could tell that the adult volunteers truly enjoyed being there. I could write a whole post just on the delicious food prepared by Nan and Grampster; it definitely wasn’t your typical camp fare. Most importantly, at least one young lady trusted Christ as her Saviour, and many others made decisions for the Lord.
3. Case has a new hobby. He’s taken over the lawn care without being asked. He even had me take him to the hardware store to purchase new protective goggles and earplugs. I’m thankful for his hard-working spirit.
4. A kind man from our church gave us a hummingbird feeder. The girls had been begging me for one for several weeks. We’ve got it hanging on the back porch. Now I just have to figure our how to get a good picture of the hummingbirds.
5. We have deer in our yard every day. We love watching this mama and her baby. The newness of being surrounded by wildlife hasn’t worn off yet.