It’s hard to believe that we’ve already reached the end of June. I’ve really been enjoying our summer so far. The kids have had a nice mix of activities and relaxation. Here are a few blessings from this week.
1. Steven started planting pineapple crowns about two and a half years ago. The first one he planted has finally produced a new pineapple. It should be ready to pick in another week or two. I’ll let you know how it tastes.
2. I got to spend some time with my mom. We spent a day shopping together and had a lot of fun. She also took some of the kids shopping another day. Bryn found a cute Vera Bradley purse and matching I.D. case on clearance.
3. I helped out in our church nursery on Wednesday night. It was fun getting to love on those cute little babies. The nursery is getting a facelift this summer. I will try to share some pictures of it soon.
4. Hope got a good report from the orthodontist yesterday. She’s had to wear headgear for the last six months, and at her appointment last month he said that she would be in her headgear another five or six months. Now he says it will only be another five weeks. She will be so happy if that’s the case. She has done a super job wearing that contraption faithfully every night.
5. We were a little late trimming back our crepe myrtles this spring, but I noticed that they are now in bloom. I prefer shades of pink and purple, but the white blossoms are pretty, too.
How cool to be harvesting a pineapple soon. I’ve ever known anyone to do this – outside of a plantation.
That is awesome that you loved on babies in the nursery on Wednesday night. As someone who oversees a Sunday nursery, I know how important that ministry is and how awesome it is when someone really enjoys it. Thanks, Paula, for doing that.
Cute little purse. I like to have some white in the garden because it makes the other colors stand out.
Enjoyed reading your faves! It is always great getting a Vera Bradley bag on sale! Enjoy the weekend
Such pretty flowers. We don’t have those around here.
Very cute find on a shopping spree.
There is nothing like fresh picked pineapple. So delicious!
You are lucky, you have summer ! We are still in rain and cold temperatures in Belgium. How nice to have a nursery in the church, never heard about it here !
Oh my goodness! How fun is THAT to be growing your own pineapple! Bryn looks pretty adorable with her matching accessories — and on sale, too. Five weeks would certainly be good news for Hope.
Good faves! I have a pineapple sitting on my counter but I’m guessing it won’t taste as good as yours!