It’s hard to believe that we’ve already reached the end of June. I’ve really been enjoying our summer so far. The kids have had a nice mix of activities and relaxation. Here are a few blessings from this week.
1. Steven started planting pineapple crowns about two and a half years ago. The first one he planted has finally produced a new pineapple. It should be ready to pick in another week or two. I’ll let you know how it tastes.
2. I got to spend some time with my mom. We spent a day shopping together and had a lot of fun. She also took some of the kids shopping another day. Bryn found a cute Vera Bradley purse and matching I.D. case on clearance.
3. I helped out in our church nursery on Wednesday night. It was fun getting to love on those cute little babies. The nursery is getting a facelift this summer. I will try to share some pictures of it soon.
4. Hope got a good report from the orthodontist yesterday. She’s had to wear headgear for the last six months, and at her appointment last month he said that she would be in her headgear another five or six months. Now he says it will only be another five weeks. She will be so happy if that’s the case. She has done a super job wearing that contraption faithfully every night.
5. We were a little late trimming back our crepe myrtles this spring, but I noticed that they are now in bloom. I prefer shades of pink and purple, but the white blossoms are pretty, too.