We’ve had a good week. It seemed to just fly by. I’ll be spending the weekend getting Hope and Bryn packed for a week at camp. Here are five of my favorites from this week:
1. Today is Flag Day in the U.S., which commemorates the adoption of our flag in 1777 by the Second Continental Congress. Many of the homes in our neighborhood will have their American flags flying today. I love to see Old Glory wave! When I look at the flag, I think of patriotism, freedom, sacrifice, and triumph. Today is also the birthday of the U.S. Army.
2. More rain. I think it’s rained every afternoon this week, but I’m definitely not complaining. The grass looks so green, and I’m thankful for a bit of relief from the heat. It’s been in the low 90’s the last few days. Whew!
3. We went to the park on Wednesday. I’m going to try to plan a park/library day each week during the summer. We’ll have to go early enough to beat the heat.
4. Fresh, seedless watermelon – delicious!
5. Steven and I had a date at one of our favorite restaurants and ordered a yummy brownie sundae for dessert. It was HUGE, but we didn’t have any trouble devouring it. Who cares about calories? (Maybe that’s why I’ve had a hard time fitting into my skirts lately.)
You can link up and share your favorites from the week here.
it’s been rainy here too and more on the way next week. But it is supposed to be nice this weekend and for that I am thankful!
Happy Flag Day, my friend! Loved seeing photos of your kiddos and hearing about your doings.
I love to see the flag flying, too! And give me a Brownie Sundae any day…
Glad you joined us here at FFF. Have a great week ahead!
Barbara H. says
Parks were a favorite destination when my kids were small.
I didn’t know they made seedless watermelons! Wonderful!
I had forgotten that today is Flag Day! I will have to do something fun with the kids to celebrate this afternoon.
That watermelon looks wonderful! I might have to pick one up this weekend.
I’ve enjoyed your pictures this Friday. That heat would wear me out, I’m afraid. I try to get all my running and chores done outside before lunchtime here. We keep our flag up all summer long starting the middle of May, and retiring it for the Autumn ones after Labor Day. We’ve just given up sugar, and oh my! That dessert looks incredible! Happy week-ending!
Valerie Basham says
That dessert looks wonderful! We have a huge trip to WV coming up, but after that, I’m hoping to get into a library/park routine with mine, too. And it’s getting HOT here, too! :/
Seedless watermelon and brownie sundae – two of my fave foods too. I am especially looking forward to eating lots of watermelon fresh from the fields. Yummmm.
Park/library days were favourite destinations of my kiddos too, and walks in the woods.
Thanks for commenting on my blog (the “I Can” post) and thanks for your thought on “HOW” we are able to do so. My intent is to write a followup post on “why I can,” but I didn’t make reference to that. I have made a few changes to my post indicating my intention. I don’t want folks to think I can do things because I am so awesome, rather it’s because God is awesome.
It was rainy most of last week here in NY, too but today was just simply perfect….72, blue skies and No Humidity!!!! full sun and hiking for me. Yay for fresh watermelon and days at the park/library. That sundae looks delish and hey…it’s almost summer…you can walk, bike, kayak, swim or hike off those calories 🙂 Enjoy your weekend!
It’s been raining here too but it’s been on the cool side. Seedless watermelon is one of my favorite things about summer.