Happy Friday! I?m linking up with?Susanne?to share five happy things from this week. Feel free to join us and share some of your blessings, too.
1. I?m stretching back to last week for my biggest fave. Steven and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on the 24th of March. Needless to say, this was a very special day for us. Time has flown by, and God has been faithful to keep our marriage strong.
2. The girls and I attended a percussion ensemble concert at the local college. The ensemble was super talented, and we enjoyed our “girl time.”
3. Our church choir presented its Easter cantata on Palm Sunday evening. Everyone involved did a great job. I think that having the cantata before Easter Sunday was a smart idea because it enabled folks from other churches who didn?t have services that night to attend, and it also helped prepare hearts for Easter week as we celebrate Christ?s victory over death.
4. Shay and I took a day trip to preview the music program at a college a couple hours away from us. It’s hard to believe that we are to that point with our firstborn! On the way home, we stopped by a thrift store that I had visited a couple of times before. It?s always hit-or-miss, but this time was a definite hit. I found a?thirty-one??utility tote, in new condition, and it was monogrammed with my initial. I snatched it up for $2, ran it through the gentle cycle in the washing machine (even though it?s not recommended), and now I have a pretty tote to put to good use. I just love the bright colors and butterflies!
5. Warmer weather arrived after last weekend?s snow, and that got me thinking about how blessed I am to have healthy children. Not one of them has been hospitalized since they were babies. They made it through our first snowy winter with just one of them having more than a sniffle. I am so thankful that God has blessed them with good health, and I hope that I never take that for granted.
Valerie Basham says
Happy anniversary! You were married the day before my birthday! 🙂 I enjoyed all the photos. We also had a good winter regarding health and I’m thankful. Have a great weekend!
Happy Anniversary Paula!! It’s such a bittersweet time to be looking at colleges with a teenager….we are just starting the process with our youngest daughter (age 16) and it gives me tears in my eyes sometimes that she is already a 10th grader! Thanks for your nice comments on my faves post and I hope you have a wonderful Easter celebrating the Eternal Life we have in Jesus!!
Love, love, love finding a jackpot hit at a thrift store or yard sale! Congratulations on the tote!!
I have 45 years of marriage behind me ! the tote is beautiful love the colors !
Well I would sat that tote was just sitting there waiting for you!! What a great find. I love the thrill of finding a great deal like that! Happy Anniversary! Looking for that college is both exciting and bittersweet, isn’t it?
Happy Easter to you and your family!
Happy anniversary, Paula. Twenty years is a wonderful milestone. I remember college visits with our son – exciting but touching a mother’s heart in so many ways. Love your new tote. Have a wonderful Resurrection Day, my friend.
Happy Anniversary to you!
You certainly hit the jackpot with that tote–so cute and only $2!
Happy Easter! He is risen!