Happy Friday! Another week has zoomed by, and a brand new month will be here on Monday. I just can’t believe it! In an effort to savor the “little things” in life, I’m linking up today with Susanne to share some good things from my week.
1. The weather has been amazing. I have been longing for sunshine, and it is here at last. I was able to get outside a little bit every day this week, even on the days when we had rain.
2. Steven and I were able to take a long hike through the woods together. We were hunting morels, but we didn’t find any. A couple of friends who have found some passed them along to us. I cooked up a batch, and then Steven did another. His were dredged and seasoned better than mine and tasted amazing.
3. The concert choir that Shay is a part of at her college had its final performance of the semester. The girls and I, along with their grandma who was here visiting, were able to attend. I am so amazed with the talent these young people have! After the concert, we enjoyed a meal at a Mexican restaurant with one of Shay’s friends and his family. We had a great time.
4. I tackled one of my least favorite springtime jobs: weeding the flower beds. I still need to put down some new mulch and replace a couple of dead plants, but the beds are looking much better already. It won’t be long until the butterflies show up.
5. A hummingbird was spotted flitting around the front porch this week, so I got the hummingbird feeder filled and hung. I’m still waiting to catch the birds in action at the feeder.
Faith Turner says
I love going to performances that my daughters have been in/are in. And to eat out afterwards is a nice treat! LOVE your photos and how fun to hike..I did some hiking today finally and loved every minute. I don’t care for mushrooms so when I see them, I leave them 😀
I need to do some mulching…thanks for the reminder 🙂
Your flowers look very nice as does the hummingbird feeder!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Thank you, Faith!
Valerie Basham says
I love spring! I have never heard of morels. When I lived in WV, the people hunted and ate ramps, which was similar to a wild onion. They even had a “ramp day” at the church we worked at. I was never brave enough to try any. But I don’t like onions much either.
Ramps are big here, especially fried with potatoes. I’m not a big fan, but my hubby like them.
I noticed that where you were hiking looks so much where I hiked last week–where my daughter lives. The dogwoods!!
How sweet that you could be present to hear your daughter’s choir concert!
I loved reading about your adventures, dear friend. We’re in Phoenix, Arizona for a few days where it’s HOT! Soon we’ll move north to cooler temps but we’re here with family for a few days. I’ve not had consistent internet access for awhile so I’m catching up. Again!
Hi, Paula! I’m so slow about getting around to reading blogs. I’m glad to be able to come here and get some updates on your lives. Morels are something I’ve never, ever tried. We love mushrooms, but this intrigues me! Have a wonderful weekend!