I?m joining Susanne and sharing some blessings from this week. Feel free to link up.
1. My mom had a health emergency recently, and I spent a couple of weeks in Florida helping her as she recuperated. In spite of her spending several days in the hospital, tests had not revealed the root issue. She had an appointment with a doctor this week and believes that the cause for her health issues has now been identified and possibly corrected. She?s felt so much better the last few days. This is such HUGE answer to prayer!
2. After a couple of days of nonstop rain, we experienced some nasty weather on Wednesday morning. The weather alert on my phone notified us of tornado warnings in our area. The local schools had already decided to dismiss due to the forecast but then determined it would be better to keep the students inside the safety of the school buildings until the line of storms that included the severest weather had passed. That was a very good decision; buses sure don?t need to be on the road in those conditions. My children arrived safely home before noon, and the worst damage in our community was limited to power outages and downed tree limbs.
3. I spent one evening fellowshipping with some ladies from several other churches in our community. The theme of the evening was ?Soup for the Soul.? We had a time of food (which included soup, of course!), fellowship, and singing. One of the ladies shared a devotional on how important it is that we make sure Christ has first place in our lives in the midst of the chaos brought on by our daily responsibilities.
4. It has become a rare thing these days to receive handwritten notes in the mail, so I was pleasantly surprised to get a sweet ?thinking of you? card from one of my sisters. There is a big age difference between my older siblings and me, and we weren?t raised in the same home since we had different moms. I?m actually closer with my sisters now than I was growing up. It made my day to receive her card and read her words.
5. So many people in our community and church family have been fighting colds and viruses and dealing with diagnoses of heart conditions and cancer. My prayer list seems to get longer every day. I?m thankful that my husband and children are healthy and not?battling a health condition. If you?ve been blessed with good health, thank God for it, and don?t take it for granted.