“Count your many blessings, name them one by one.” To help me practice just that, I’m joining up with Susanne to share some good things from this past week.
1. Bryn’s basketball team won their conference championship and finished the season with a record of 19-1. The entire team worked hard all season, and my thanks go to their coaches for the time and dedication they put into the season.
2. A group of ladies from our church got together for our monthly evening of fellowship, food, and spiritual encouragement. My heart was full after our time together. I feel so blessed to have a great group of Godly women in my life. One of our ladies made the most delicious strawberry cheesecake cookies. I will try to get the recipe from her and post it here soon.
3. My college girl and I were able to FaceTime each other a few times this week. I don’t use FaceTime very often, but it sure comes in handy when you are missing a beloved face.
4. Flowers from a friend brightened my day…and my dining room!
5. Steven and I weren’t able to go out for a date this week, so he treated me to a lunch-for-two at home. He grilled steaks for us, and we enjoyed a nice lunch together just chatting and enjoying our meal. I’m thankful for the time we spend together, even if it’s time at home.
Do you have any blessings from this week to share?
Faith Turner says
Paula! so nice to hear from you on my blog! your,oldest girl is in college already???! wow..ltime sure is going by fast.
Those cookies look so pretty….although I wouod have to pass as I’m allergic to strawberries and cheesecake no longer agrees with me….well…cream cheese I mean? but I sure loving getting together with my spiritual sisters too!
that lunch date with your husband sounds perfect to me!
Have a blessed weekend!
Barbara H. says
Good to hear from you again! Most of our dates are at home since we have my husband’s mother with us. But I am finding I kind of prefer it that way to a long wait in a noisy restaurant. We do get out for our anniversary and a couple of times a year with the whole family. Glad you and your husband had a special time together!
Those cookies look good! And I love the way flowers brighten up a space. Congratulations to your daughter and her team!
I love FaceTime, too, for our son in another state and even our grandson here – though we see him once or twice a week, we still FaceTime occasionally inbetween.
Thanks for stopping by. Congratulations to your daughter. That’s a great achievement. Technology makes it easier to be apart from loved ones these days. I need to make more date nights with hubby. Your flowers are beautiful and those treats look delicious.
You must be proud of your daughter ! your flowers are very beautiful !
Mrs U says
How are you? Are y’all still in Florida?
Your children are so big!! Happen a too fast. 🙁
Thank you for stopping by my blog! You were “there” (via blogging) way back when we first brought her home! Oh how blogging has changed!!
Love those rich times of fellowship (with or without wonderful cookies). So glad you have that group to bolster one another up.
Lunch date at home sounds like a great thing.
I’m glad you had that ‘filling’ time with the ladies from your church–sweet fellowship!
Susanne Sherring says
Hi…so nice to hear from you again. Congrats to your daughter on her team’s win! I really miss watching my oldest play basketball. Gorgeous flowers. I love how those mums just “spray out”. Cheesecake cookies sound absolutely delicious.
If you get the recipe for those cookies, please share it! They look delicious. 🙂
I will, Valerie. ?
Congratulations to Bryn and her team. We are leaving in the morning to travel south a ways to cheer on our oldest grandson and his basketball team in the State Championship Playoff Games. What a special time in their lives! Our lives are filled with so many blessings, aren’t they? Your date lunch in with your hubby sounds like just the right thing in the middle of a busy schedule. It’s always good to come by and see what you have to share.