Happy October, Friends! We've had a gorgeous week here in West Virginia. I'm ready to once again link up with Susanne and share some good things.
1. I've already mentioned our beautiful weather. Every day the leaves change just a little bit more. The locals probably laugh at how excited we've been about the vast array of colors. Fall is definitely my favorite season.
2. Shay is taking an AP English class this year, and she loves it. The course load is heavy, and there is a massive amount of reading. She's already read much of the required reading list in the past just for fun. One of her recent assignments involved writing a proposal on a challenging topic. Shay did a fantastic job on the paper, and her teacher wrote her an encouraging note. I'm proud of Shay for putting forth her best effort in a tough class, and I appreciate the effort her teacher puts into instructing the class and giving constructive feedback.
3. I cooked up a big batch of fried green tomatoes after finally perfecting my batter recipe. I probably won't fix them again this year since garden season is now officially over. They were delicious! Instead of relying on my memory, which isn't the greatest, I made sure to write down the “improved” recipe so that they will turn out well next time.
4. It's been about eight months since my last visit to the chiropractor, and recent recurring headaches spurred me to make an appointment this week with a new one. Thankfully, the doctor had an immediate opening. I'm hoping that resuming chiropractic treatment will bring relief from the headaches like it has in the past.
5. Steven and I went walking/jogging a couple of mornings this week. It was more walking than running. Running in these hills is so much tougher than running on flat Florida ground, and I really got a workout! The best part was just spending time with my hubby. The view wasn't too shabby either.
That's my week in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with my family and celebrating Homecoming with our church family on Sunday. I hope you enjoy your weekend, too!