Happy Friday! Here are a few good things from my week:
* My boy turned 16 years old on Monday. The only gift he asked for was a particular pair of shoes. I wonder who he gets that from? The picture below shows him at age 7 and recently.
* My mom also celebrated a birthday on Monday. We were able to “see” her and chat via FaceTime.
* A mid-week snowfall brought an early release from school one day and a delayed start the next day, which the kids preferred to missing a whole day.
* There wasn’t enough snow to build a snowman, but that didn’t stop Toby from getting a snowball of his own. It’s so cute to watch him eat the snow.
* Bryn scored a season-high seven points in one of her basketball games. She’s doing great in her first season.
Valerie Basham says
Happy birthday to your son! I enjoyed your “Fave Five”! 🙂
Thank you, Valerie!
Barbara H. says
Snow days are one thing I miss now that my kids are adults. My husband grew up with snow so tries to make it in to work when he can, so there’s not that sense of an unexpected free day any more – and building snowmen and coming in for hot chocolate. 🙂 But I have trouble getting out in it, so I don’t mind if we don’t have any snow days. 🙂
I didn’t grow up where it snowed, but I did have the occasional “hurricane day” in Florida. 🙂
I can’t believe he’s 16! Glad your kiddos (and furry-child) are enjoying the snow. 🙂
Just wait, Arlene; it will happen to you, too. 🙂
Faith Turner says
up here on eastern NY we havent had a snow or ice day yet!!!! NO snow this year other than an inch last week that quickly melted. where i hike in the summer there is a foot of it and that is only 1 hour northwest of me! crazy!!
happy birthday to your boy….time sure does fly!
thanks for visiting me today!?
enjoy the weekend and whatever the Lord brings your way!
It’s hard to believe your boy is sixteen already! Time sure flies by. I love seeing your Fave Five – so many good things to remember.
Yes, Adrienne, time definitely has wings and flies. 🙂 I know that you feel that even more keenly as a grandmother.
I remember snow–and snow days. Evidently, three of my grands enjoyed them last week, too.
Happy Birthday to your son! Sixteen means learning to drive, right? Good luck!
Happy Belated Birthday to you son. Sixteen is a milestone for him and for you:)
I miss the days of watching my kids play basketball and baseball. Such good times!
Enjoy your week, Paula.