I have a literal ?race? answer for this one. I ran a 5K race a few months back. I wasn?t at my peak due to having a cold for several days before the race, but sheer determination got me to the finish line. I came in first place in my age division, which gives you an idea of how small the field was.
2. ‘As slow as molasses’…Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What’s your favorite of the slow moving treats mentioned here, and what’s your favorite food made with that sweet treat?
I am not a fan of molasses. It has too strong of a taste for me. Maple syrup is my go-to for pancakes, although I also enjoy them smothered with butter. I also use maple syrup when I do the Master Cleanse. Caramel would have to be my favorite sweet, sticky topping. I love it on vanilla ice cream.
3. Your favorite slow song?
My favorite slow hymn is ?It Is Well With My Soul? by Horatio Spafford. I get goosebumps when I think about the story behind the words. There are a couple of slow country love songs from the 90?s that never get old to me: ?When You Say Nothing At All? by Keith Whitley and ?I Cross My Heart? by George Strait.
4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?
My slow cooker gets a lot of use every week. It?s an easy way to cook comfort foods like Sunday pot roast or potato soup.
5. ‘You may delay, but time will not.’ ~Benjamin Franklin?Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month?
When it comes to tackling unpleasant tasks, I am definitely a procrastinator. I currently have a big pile of clean clothes waiting to be folded and put away or else bagged up and hauled off to the thrift store. Most of the jobs I put off doing aren?t that complicated; I just don?t like doing them.
6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even just occasionally that you find to be annoyingly slow.
1) The checkout line at the local grocery store always seems slow.
2) We wait forever at the orthodontist?s office even when we are scheduled for one of the first appointment slots of the day.
3) I would have to say that our internet connection is slower than molasses (no pun intended). It literally has to be. Do you remember dial-up internet service? Well, I think that was the same speed as our current supposed DSL service. It?s been a huge complaint in our part of the state for years and has been a major contributor to the scarcity of new posts on my blog.
7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you’ll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you’d like to try or wish you had the skill to make happen.
I don?t have a crafty bone in my body. I have done a few small cross-stitch pieces (that took me forever to finish), and I took painting lessons many years ago and completed one large acrylic painting. That?s about it. The most adventurous crafty project I have lined up this month is helping decorate for my daughter?s basketball team?s championship celebration dinner. Decorating is doable; brainstorming craft projects is not. I would like to learn how to knit someday.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Snow is in the immediate forecast, but I?m ready for spring!