You know you are from Georgia If ……
1. You can properly pronounce Chickamauga , DeKalb, Dahlonega, Smyrna, Buena Vista, Valdosta, Okefenokee, and La Fayette.
P.S.. Atlanta = ADD-LANNA not AT-LANT-A.
2. You think people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies.
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.
4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
5. Stores don’t have bags or shopping carts, they have sacks and buggies.
6. You’ve seen people wear bib overalls at weddings and funerals.
7. You think everyone from a Yankee-state has an accent.
8. You measure distance in minutes.
9. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
11. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.
13. You know someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist.
14. Almost everyone you know is either Baptist or Methodist.
15. A Mercedes Benz isn’t a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab is.
16. You know everything goes better with Ranch dressing.
17. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
18. You actually get these jokes and are “fixin'” to send them to your friends.
19. On one side of the road there’s Wal-Mart and on the other is a cotton field.
20. The directions to your house include “turn off the paved road.”
21. “Ya’ll” is a word.
22. Fried chicken is a major part of your diet.
23. Krispy Kreme dounuts are the only kind of dounuts you eat.
24. You call it a cold Christmas if you don’t break out in a sweat in your new sweater.
25. Your whole town completely shuts down for 1 inch of snow or just the threat of snow.
26. People actually grow, eat and like okra!
27. You know the difference between a hillbilly, a redneck, and a Southerner.
28. Your dog and your wallet are both on chains.
29. Panama City Beach , Florida is a big deal.
30. You understand that at least once a year your car will turn yellow with pollen.
31. You know at least one Bubba, and maybe a
few guys named Bo.
32. You say “tuna fish sandwich.”
33. You use “Sir” and “Ma’am” if there’s a remote possibility that person you’re talking to is least 30 minutes older than you are.
34. You are 100% Georgian if you have ever had this conversation:
“You wanna coke?”
One of my friends sent me this, and I just had to post it as I am a Georgia Peach!
LOL. I am a Yenkee…I do not have an accent…oh I have to go…I have to paahk the caah in the garaahge(LOL)
I had to come back and tell you that when I was 18 I spent 4 months in South Carolina and in that short time I started saying Y’all and it was hard habit to break.;)
LOL!! I just saw this on Mrs. B’s blog the other day, but it was “You Know You’re Texan When….” some of the items were different but this is almost exactly the same 🙂
Ok, y’all, I’m not from Georgia, but I’m from SC originally, and my best friend is from Georgia. I lived in Texas for 14 years, too. So . . . all of this stuff makes sense to me! LOL I DO know the difference between a redneck, a hillbilly, and a southerner! I’m a southerner, but not a redneck or a hillbilly; my cousins, on the other hand, are rednecks. Oh, this is too much fun. I saw the Texas one on Mrs. B’s blog – so good! 😉
Sis. Julie says
I got this in my email and oh how true each one is!!