Bryn had so much fun playing in the snow last week. Someone blessed us with a gently-used ski outfit that fit her perfectly and kept her warm. She loved the bright color of the jacket.
Do you have somewhere you go to unwind? This is one of my favorite spots, a place I can go to think, pray, and reflect on God’s goodness to me. There’s just something about the quiet of God’s creation that helps me get a right perspective.
Happy Friday! I’m linking up with Susanne to share five happy things from this week. Feel free to join us and share some of your blessings, too.
1. I’m stretching back to last week for my biggest fave. Steven and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on the 24th of March. Needless to say, this was a very special day for us. Time has flown by, and God has been faithful to keep our marriage strong.
2. The girls and I attended a percussion ensemble concert at the local college. The ensemble was super talented, and we enjoyed our “girl time.”
3. Our church choir presented its Easter cantata on Palm Sunday evening. Everyone involved did a great job. I think that having the cantata before Easter Sunday was a smart idea because it enabled folks from other churches who didn’t have services that night to attend, and it also helped prepare hearts for Easter week as we celebrate Christ’s victory over death.
4. Shay and I took a day trip to preview the music program at a college a couple hours away from us. It’s hard to believe that we are to that point with our firstborn! On the way home, we stopped by a thrift store that I had visited a couple of times before. It’s always hit-or-miss, but this time was a definite hit. I found a thirty-one™ utility tote, in new condition, and it was monogrammed with my initial. I snatched it up for $2, ran it through the gentle cycle in the washing machine (even though it’s not recommended), and now I have a pretty tote to put to good use. I just love the bright colors and butterflies!
5. Warmer weather arrived after last weekend’s snow, and that got me thinking about how blessed I am to have healthy children. Not one of them has been hospitalized since they were babies. They made it through our first snowy winter with just one of them having more than a sniffle. I am so thankful that God has blessed them with good health, and I hope that I never take that for granted.
It’s been a few months since I’ve linked up with Susanne to share some of my favorite moments from the week, and I’ve missed this happy activity. It’s a great exercise for me to look more carefully for the “little” things in life and be thankful for them. Feel free to join in and share your blessings, too.
1. Steven and I were able to spend some time at a resort not far from home. The resort was practically empty, so it felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. We took a nice long walk on one of the nature trails, played a few games of ping pong, ate some delicious food, and just enjoyed being together.
2. We arrived home to a clean kitchen and a box of Shay’s freshly baked coconut chocolate chip cookies with a cute “Welcome Home” note attached. I have to admit that I wasn’t expecting the kids to keep the house clean without a reminder, but they did a great job of picking up after themselves. Oh me of little faith.
3. The ladies of our church gathered together for a evening of fellowship and fun. Nineteen ladies attended, and we enjoyed spending time together and lifting up one another’s needs in a sweet time of prayer. I’m excited to see what the Lord has in store for our church’s women’s ministry.
4. I haven’t bought any vintage Pyrex to add to my collection in several months, but I couldn’t pass up a few new-to-me pieces that I stumbled upon this week. My favorite find is the delphite blue 401 mixing bowl. I already have the 402, so now all I need is the 403 to complete the set.
5. I can’t leave the arrival of spring (officially at 6:45 this evening) off my list of faves. My first winter in the North wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated. I loved gazing at the pretty snowscapes and snuggling up in front of the fireplace, but I am so looking forward to spring! I’ve got my “welcome” flag flying.