Bryn had so much fun playing in the snow last week. Someone blessed us with a gently-used ski outfit that fit her perfectly and kept her warm. She loved the bright color of the jacket.
These alphabet letters were drawn freehand by my daughter Shay. She sketched initials on 6 x 6 inch canvases with colored pencils, decoupaged the canvases, and then gave them as gifts to her friends. The “A” is my favorite.
Happy Friday! Here are a few good things from my week:
* My boy turned 16 years old on Monday. The only gift he asked for was a particular pair of shoes. I wonder who he gets that from? The picture below shows him at age 7 and recently.
* My mom also celebrated a birthday on Monday. We were able to “see” her and chat via FaceTime.
* A mid-week snowfall brought an early release from school one day and a delayed start the next day, which the kids preferred to missing a whole day.
* There wasn’t enough snow to build a snowman, but that didn’t stop Toby from getting a snowball of his own. It’s so cute to watch him eat the snow.
* Bryn scored a season-high seven points in one of her basketball games. She’s doing great in her first season.
Can you believe that it’s December already? Here’s a quick update on our November:
- The weather was warm. We had a few mornings of frost, but no snow other than a tiny flurry one Sunday morning that only lasted a few minutes.
- College acceptance letters started arriving in the mail for our firstborn. Based on all the catalogs and brochures she receives in the mail on a daily basis, colleges and universities are keeping the USPS in business.
- Our church choir had several extra practices in preparation for the Christmas cantata. I’m really excited about this year’s program because every song is filled with the name of Jesus!
- Hunting season began. Case was able to get an 8 point buck with a crossbow and another 8 point with a rifle, so he was pretty excited.
- Hope and Bryn both made the middle school’s basketball team.
- The children and teens in our Wednesday night youth program enjoyed a delicious pre-Thanksgiving meal put on by the ladies who work with them. We have some very faithful workers in our church family who go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Hope celebrated her 14th birthday.
- My mom flew up and spent ten days with us. This was the highlight of the month for me, and it made Thanksgiving extra special for our family.
Hope- 8th grade
Bryn- 6th grade
Case- 10th grade
School started almost three weeks ago, so I’m a bit behind getting the kids’ first day of school picture posted. I can hardly believe that I have a child starting her senior year of high school! As always, I’m sure the time will fly by.
Thirteen years ago today, we were blessed with the arrival of our third child, a beautiful little girl named Hope. She had a tiny bit of blonde peach fuzz on her head and was just as precious as could be.
Time went on, and that little baby grew. She lost the peach fuzz and ended up with lots of golden curls.
It’s hard to believe that our tiny little baby has grown into an amazing thirteen year old young lady. She is a beautiful girl, inside and out. She loves books and Jesus, and we love her more than words can say. Happy Birthday, Hope!