Happy Friday! I’m linking up with Susanne today to share a few of my favorite things from this week.
1. It’s been two and a half weeks since we moved from Florida to West Virginia, and I feel like I’m finally starting to catch my breath. There were moments when it felt like I was losing my mind (like frantically spending fifteen minutes looking for my misplaced breakfast sandwich, only to have Steven tell me that I had already eaten it!). Catching up on my sleep has helped a lot.
2. I made it through the entire week without getting carsick. I’m fine if I’m the one behind the wheel, but I don’t do so well if I’m the passenger. Case likes to make fun of my moaning and groaning, but anyone else who has felt the effects of carsickness can sympathize with me. It’s been quite an experience getting used to the curvy mountain roads around here. Hopefully this, too, shall pass.
3. We’ve been having Vacation Bible School this week. I’ve been helping in the preschool class, and I’ve enjoyed getting to know the little people in our church.
4. I’m thankful that my firstborn survived her first plane ride. We took Shay to the airport last night, and she flew to Florida. She was super nervous about flying alone, but she was a brave girl. There were tears in my eyes as I watched her board the plane, but two hours later she texted me to let me know she had safely landed in Florida in spite of a thunderstorm. Her grandmas picked her up at the airport, and she was super surprised to see her best friend waiting for her at the baggage claim. My sixteen year old is spreading her wings.
5. Since arriving in West Virginia, we’ve been showered with love by our new church family. We’ve been blessed with home-cooked meals, sweet treats, veggies fresh from the garden, and baskets full of gifts. The welcome we’ve received couldn’t have been any warmer. It’s been a great beginning.