Another week has flown right by, and I’m linking up with Susanne to share a few blessings.
1. The kids had a fabulous first week back at school. I haven’t heard the first complaint about teachers or homework…yet. I think their favorite part, aside from being with their friends every day, was the fact that they didn’t have any tests. That will change next week.
2. After helping out in the school office for the last few weeks, it was so nice to spend more time at home during the day once again. It felt good to get some cleaning done.
3. Our church family experienced some sadness this week. A young man in our church, just thirty-one years old and in seemingly good health, passed away suddenly from a heart attack. The memorial service was a precious time for his family and friends to remember him and his desire to live for Christ. What a blessing for his family, in the midst of tragedy, to have the assurance that their son and brother is in heaven because he trusted in the finished work of Jesus Christ for his soul’s salvation.
4. It’s been hot and humid here this week, so I’m thankful that we’ve had rain just about every afternoon to bring the teensiest bit of relief. I’m ready for fall and temps to drop down into the 80’s.
5. I had the house to myself one evening and treated myself to takeout from my favorite Chinese restaurant. Definitely not the healthiest meal, but sometimes you just need some comfort food.